Source Version: ASP.NET 4.0
Due to ASP.NET and WordPress are totally different in technology, so converting between them directly is imposible.
First try to setup a theme to accommadate the common parts, e.g. header, menu, and footer. Finally I found that it is not easy to find a suitable theme to do this task, and the page contents would be controlled by different set of stylesheet. Give up!
Then try second method – the final approach.
- ASP.NET page contains special hidden dynamics contents:
- With php we can include files that contains common contents, like header, menu, footer, sidebar.
include_once("./includes/header.php"); include_once("./includes/menu.php"); include_once("./includes/footer.php");
- Copy the folders that contains static resources to the destination.
- Open each page source code from browser: right click > view page source. Save the page source to local, name it with php extension.
- Open WebResource.axd and ScriptResource.axd links from source view, then save them to local. Rename and move to coresponding resouce folders of destination server.
- Change resource links on page source, remember to change the path based on step 3.
- Extract common contents and save to separate files with php extension.
- Replace and include the common contents on each page from the files in step 5.
281 total views, 1 views today